Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Vision of the Atonement

On March 12th in the middle of the night I had a vision come to me that gave me great joy. Now those who know me know of my hard growing up years from birth to about 9 1/2 years old. Because of these hard years with much abuse from my father, I had a hard time being hugged by my father. Now after his baptism in to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, he went through a tremendous time of great repentance. He turned himself around and made me love and appreciate him so much more. I had a great respect and love for my father to see the wonderful service he gave to people all around him. I love him and was glad for him, but the scars from years of abuse were hard to overcome and therefore hugging him was very uncomfortable. I often thought that even though the Atonement could heal those scars and hard things for any of us on this earth, I didn't ever think that it would ever happen for me. I just couldn't fathom how it it could happen. I had great hope but not a lot of faith. It's funny I knew it could happen for others but not for myself even though I have felt the Atonement take place in my life before and with great power. But on March 12th I received the blessing of the Atonement for this trial. I learned that the Atonement not only healed me but my father also. Now you have to realize that I had often wondered since my fathers death how he was doing in his progression.  In the middle of the night I had a vision come to me so very powerful and simple. My Father came to me in my dreams. He had tears in his eyes and he came forth and embraced me in his arms. I found that I was completely comfortable and even longed to have him hug me even longer. I was so very overjoyed and knew that my father had been healed of his infirmities through the Atonement of Jesus Christ  and that I was too as well. He then left and was no longer there. Oh how blessed we are to have the Saviors love. How blessed we are that He lived and died for each one of us. Oh how blessed we are for His infinite Atonement. I give this is the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.      

No comments:

Post a Comment